www.welcometoleeds.co.uk (the “Website”) is operated by Leeds BID Limited, a limited company incorporated in England and Wales with company number 09063015 and having its registered office at 104 Briggate, Leeds, England LS1 6BG (“Leeds BID” / “we” / “our” / “us”). You can contact us at [email protected]
Please read these Terms carefully before you start to use the Website, as these will apply to your use of the Website. We recommend that you print a copy of this for future reference.
The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of the Website.
- Other Applicable Terms
- These Terms refer to the following additional terms, which also apply to your use of the Website:
- We may revise these Terms at any time by amending this page. Please check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we made, as they are binding on you.
- We may update the Website from time to time, and may change the content at any time. Please note, however, that any of the content on the Website may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update it.
- We do not guarantee that the Website, or any content on it, will be free from errors or omissions.
- Your Access to the Website
- The Website is directed to people residing in the United Kingdom. We do not represent that the content available on or through the Website is appropriate for use or available in other locations.
- We shall not be liable if for any reason the Website is unavailable at any time or for any period. Access to the Website may be suspended temporarily and without notice in the case of system failure, maintenance or repair or for reasons beyond our control.
- If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you should treat such information as confidential. You should not disclose it to any third party.
- We have the right to disable any user identification code or password, whether chosen by you or allocated by us, at any time, if in our reasonable opinion you have failed to comply with any of the provisions of these Terms.
- If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your user identification code or password, you must promptly notify us at [email protected] .
- Intellectual Property
- All intellectual property on the Website, including without limit, the text, graphics, trademarks and copyright works, is owned by Leeds BID (or Leeds BID’s relevant content supplier). Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
- You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from the Website for your personal use and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content posted on the Website.
- You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
- Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on the Website must always be acknowledged.
- You must not use any part of the content on the Website for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
- If you wish to link to any part of the Website, you must obtain our prior written consent. We reserve the right to withdraw any linking permission we may provide to you without notice.
- Visitor Material and Conduct
- We have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to the Website constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights or of their right to privacy.
- You are prohibited from posting or transmitting to or from the Website any material:
- that is threatening, defamatory, obscene, indecent, seditious, offensive, pornographic, abusive, liable to incite racial hatred, discriminatory, menacing, scandalous, inflammatory, blasphemous, in breach of confidence, in breach of privacy or which may cause annoyance or inconvenience; or
- for which you have not obtained all necessary licences and/or approvals; or
- which constitutes or encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise be contrary to the law of or infringe the rights of any third party, in any country in the world; or
- which is technically harmful (including, without limitation, computer viruses, logic bombs, Trojan horses, worms, harmful components, corrupted data or other malicious software or harmful data).
- You may not misuse the Website (including, without limitation, by hacking). You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to the Website, the server on which the Website is stored or any server, computer or database connected to the Website. You must not attack the Website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use the Website will cease immediately.
- The content on the Website is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from taking, any action on the basis of the content of the Website.
- To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to the Website or any content on it, whether express or implied.
- If you are a business user, we will not be liable to any user for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use, the Website; or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on the Website; or
- loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- business interruption;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
- Third Party Websites
- Where the Website contains links to other websites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for information only. They should not be interpreted as approval by us of those linked websites or information you may obtain from them.
- Jurisdiction and Governing Law
- If you are a consumer, please note that these Terms, its subject matter and its formation, are governed by English law. You and we both agree to that the courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction. However, if you are a resident of Northern Ireland you may also bring proceedings in Northern Ireland, and if you are resident of Scotland, you may also bring proceedings in Scotland.
- If you are a business, these Terms, its subject matter and its formation (and any non-contractual disputes or claims) are governed by English law. We both agree to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
- Unauthorised use of the Website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our Website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our Website.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our Website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Analytical/performance cookies.They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our Website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our Website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Targeting cookies.These cookies record your visit to our Website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our Website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including “strictly necessary” cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our Website.
Except for essential cookies, all cookies will expire after 12 months.